Date: 12th August 2023
Time: 10 AM - 6 PM
Venue: Brown & Sugar Studio @ Oakwood Hotel & Residences, Jalan Ampang
- How to approach cake sizes and height in cake design.
- Foundation on working with chocolate.
- How to create the Renaissance cake texture - layering, contrasting and carving.
- How to create contrast on textures to emphasise imperfections.
- Foundation on working with fondant.
- How to achieve a bas-relief design using fondant.
- How to create contrast and depth on the bas-relief design and cake overall.
- Foundation on how to work with wafer paper.
- How to make garden roses with wafer paper.
- How to make a vine.
- Mix media approach: teaching how to connect mediums that complement each other aiming for a contemporary classy design.
- Theory on conceptualizing, composition and execution - how to put it all together bringing a design to life that speaks out its own life and concept.
- Wafer Paper.
Students come up with their own cake design on a dummy cake.
Please, ensure to tell students that in a one-day class, we won't be able to achieve the same quantity of flowers and leaves presented in the photo of this cake design. The techniques will be taught to achieve the flowers and the number of flowers will depend on how quickly students will work.