Date: 11th August 2023
Time: 10 AM - 6 PM
Venue: Brown & Sugar Studio @ Oakwood Hotel & Residences, Jalan Ampang
- How to approach an unusual cake structure and how to work on its concept, composition and execution.
- How to work with fondant.
- How to cover a cake with fondant in a sculptural way.
- How to work with wafer paper on fondant and how to create the Sarabah cake texture.
- How to paint on wafer paper / fondant - colour composition theory.
- Wafer Paper: wafer paper theory and how to make wafer paper flowers.
- How to make rice paper abstract leaves / petals.
- How to bring a flower piece together and add it to your cake design.
- Theory on conceptualizing, composition and execution - how to put it all together bringing a design to life that speaks out its own life and concept.
- Adding touches of etherialism to the design: gold highlights and dusts.
- Wafer Paper.
- Rice Paper.
Students come up with their own cake design on a dummy cake. Please, ensure to tell students that in a one-day class, we won' t be able to achieve the same quantity of flowers and leaves presented on the photo of this cake design. The techniques will be taught to achieve the flowers and the quantity of flowers to be achieved will depend on how quickly students will work.